Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 2007 Post

Hi Friends

July brought a cacophony of thoughts. Yong Hui and finished the Pre-Field Orientation course in Southhaven, Mississippi. We visited our daughter Tammy in Suwanee, Georgia (recently rated as the tenth best city to live in). We saw Chaplain Sir Walter and his wife Sandra Scott and their daughter Gina. The Scotts lived next to us in Panama. We visited friends from Worth County High School and spent the night with Command Sergeant Major (Ret) Russell and Christine Beard. We gave a presentation at First Baptist Church, Sylvester and renewed our friendships with many friends. We traveled to Valdosta, Georgia to spend the night with Reverend Dexter and Jeanie Wilson, dear friends from Sylvester. I hiked up Pikes Peak with a fellow teacher Sophie Yu, we made the trip (13 miles in distance and 7000 feet change in elevation one way) in 11 hours 30 minutes. I received and graded tests from my AP Biology class. I began my AP Biology Seminar at Cherry Creek High School in Denver. I prayed with many other prayer warriors around the world for the 22 South Korean hostages taken by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

We leave for Korea on 5 August to begin our second year in Uijongbu.

My AP Biology Students have been working hard to complete the 11 chapters that they have to finish before school starts. The Advanced Placement Biology class offers the students the opportunity to receive a college credit if they score well enough on the end of course test in May. We have 50 chapters in the book and to finish them by April, the students have to do some preliminary work which includes taking an on-line pretest. One student is complete and two more can smell the barn. Try one of these tests at :
http://highered.mcgraw- hill.com/sites/0072919345/student_view0/index.html
There are several prayer requests and praises for us:
• Pray for traveling mercies as we return home to Korea
• Pray for me as I finish the Advanced Placement Biology course.
• Pray for a permanent job for Jason.
• Pray for wisdom for the decisions that Tammy has to make.
• Pray for my students in my physics classes, chemistry class, AP Biology class, and U.S. Military History Class
• Pray for the new Division Chaplain of the 2nd Infantry Division
• Pray for Pastor Richardson, Uijongbu Community Church and Pastors Vasel and Francis, Uijongbu Baptist Church
• Praise God for the blessings I have received at New Life Church, with the Gideons International, and with the International Christian School-Uijongbu

1 comment:

KMO said...

Hey there Kirkbride's! I joined the blogger community (to add to my list of other places I write. HA!) mostly to comment on blogger pages, so come and visit me. :)
~Kristen